General Music Discussion

Lykke Li

A forum to discuss favorite bands, musicians, a place to share tabs, etc. that are not Brandi related.

Moderators: LizzyD, lookingout86, COKeekers

Lykke Li

Postby thangtamfive » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:51 am

Don't know if anyone listens to and/or has seen Lykke Li do her stuff. i saw her for the 2nd time last week in London and she's certainly one of my top obessions at the moment.

i saw her on Jools Holland around the time her 1st album came out and had casually listened to tracks from Youth Novels since then. it wasnt until November last year that i went to see her live and was really really drawn in by how captivating she was on stage and the vibe of her new material. It would seem that having a track on the soundtrack to Twilight also brings with it a lot of new fans.

I booked tickets to her next London gig a couple of weeks later and last week the gig finally arrived. Along with Robyn, another of Sweden's finest, but with a completely different vibe. I've been en -tranced by the new album and hearing the tracks live was not a disappointment. Truly amazing - and well worth a look in if you get the chance (in my opinion). Only money is stopping me for booking for her return to London in November.
thangtamfive
Needs to see a few more shows!

Return to General Music Discussion