Concert News and Reviews

Red Rocks Shows

Your thoughts on last night's show.

Moderators: LizzyD, lookingout86, COKeekers

Red Rocks Shows

Postby amberisthecolor » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:11 am

Has anyone been to a Brandi show at red rocks?? I'm thinking of traveling this summer to see her there because the venue looks amazing and she always raves about her stops there. What is the venue like? Is it worth me splurging for a reserved seat? I tried looking on red rocks' seating chart but it doesn't seem to specify where the general admission section begins. I'm so partial to general admission club shows ( Cleveland HOB cannot be beat!!) that having to think about having a reserved spot vs general admission really far back is killing me. Spoiled.
amberisthecolor
Needs to see a few more shows!

Re: Red Rocks Shows

Postby evoetsch » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:19 am

GA at Red Rocks is actually in front of the reserved seating. Get there early to wait in line for a bit, and you'll get a great seat, not that I think there is a bad seat at Red Rocks. It will be worth it, the venue is amazing, and the band always has a special kind of energy for their shows there!
www.lookingoutacrossamerica.com
www.inlivemusic.com
evoetsch
Has caught the bug!

Postby saraehart » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:21 am

We had to give up our Red Rocks tickets last year (sick kid) but watched it via pay-per-view (AXS - may still available?). It was pretty amazing to watch on a little TV screen - I can only imagine what it would be like in person. It was also a great way to introduce my young daughters to a concert environment before we took them to the SLC show.
saraehart

Postby deeicemom2 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:08 am

Can I buy tickets

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk
Deeicemom2
deeicemom2

Postby amberisthecolor » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:21 pm

evoetsch wrote:GA at Red Rocks is actually in front of the reserved seating. Get there early to wait in line for a bit, and you'll get a great seat, not that I think there is a bad seat at Red Rocks. It will be worth it, the venue is amazing, and the band always has a special kind of energy for their shows there!

oh bollucks. I panicked and bought reserved seats because the seating chart didn't indicate where reserved seating is. So I just bought two row 5 tickets, but in a reserved area. Do you know where that is exactly within the venue?? Because now I'm tempted to get some GA tickets.
amberisthecolor

Postby COKeekers » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:57 pm

amberisthecolor wrote:
evoetsch wrote:GA at Red Rocks is actually in front of the reserved seating. Get there early to wait in line for a bit, and you'll get a great seat, not that I think there is a bad seat at Red Rocks. It will be worth it, the venue is amazing, and the band always has a special kind of energy for their shows there!

oh bollucks. I panicked and bought reserved seats because the seating chart didn't indicate where reserved seating is. So I just bought two row 5 tickets, but in a reserved area. Do you know where that is exactly within the venue?? Because now I'm tempted to get some GA tickets.

From the price structure, I'm guessing you made the right choice. GA will probably be behind the reserved seating. Red Rocks changes GA/Reserved depending on the show.
"as long as today is not like tomorrow.."
COKeekers
Too much time on their hands!

Postby evoetsch » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:58 pm

How dare they trick me :) Good thing cokeekers is here to keep me honest!
www.lookingoutacrossamerica.com
www.inlivemusic.com
evoetsch
Has caught the bug!

Postby COKeekers » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:03 pm

I felt the same way evoetsch! How dare they change it up for a Brandi show!
COKeekers

Postby annie » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:08 pm

Seriously!! So tricky. ;)
annie
Has caught the bug!

Postby amberisthecolor » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:13 pm

Appreciate all your input! That is sneaky. I wish it actually was like you mentioned with some GA in front of the reserved seats. I hate reserved seated shows. I felt like such a d-bag paying for those seats. But I will be flying in from Ohio so I guess that will make it worthwhile. I assumed by the pricing that GA would be further back, but who knows! I was ready to go back and buy the GA seats!! Damn.
amberisthecolor

Postby COKeekers » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:24 pm

amberisthecolor wrote: I hate reserved seated shows. .

Reserved seated at Red Rocks is not like reserved seated at other shows(or at least with these bands). I doubt you will be seated during either of the sets. Really it just means you have a spots that's "yours" and you can tailgate more in the parking lot and enjoy the scenery before the show!
COKeekers

Postby annie » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:27 pm

Agreed amberisthecolor--it will totally be worth it, especially since you're coming from such a long distance! Red Rocks shows are amazing.

And thanks, everyone for the heads up--I actually bought GA tickets first, but once I realized the seating was different I went back and bought reserved seats. They're not as close as they would have been, had I just bought reserved tickets to begin with but, oh well! Lol. Pumped for another great RR show--the highlight of my summer. Hope to see many of you there!
annie
Has caught the bug!

Postby modkat » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:28 pm

Oh man. I bought GA tickets thinking that it would be the same manner as the previous BCB Red Rocks shows. When I tried to get some reserved tickets, it said it's all gone.
modkat

Postby amberisthecolor » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:02 pm

Good to know, guys! I'm so excited! I've been dying to see her at this venue. And the show is actually on my birthday! Looking forward to tailgating and soaking up the whole experience!
amberisthecolor

Postby Mountainmom » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:35 am

So... I need details. A good fairly priced hotel near the venue, but close to other stuff? Or at least an area to look in? I assume we will need a rental car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mountainmom
Has caught the bug!

Postby COKeekers » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:43 pm

Mountainmom wrote:So... I need details. A good fairly priced hotel near the venue, but close to other stuff? Or at least an area to look in? I assume we will need a rental car?

I would recommend staying in the downtown area of Golden at either the Table Mountain Inn or the Golden Hotel both are on the main street in Golden with specialty shops, coffee houses, and restaurants. Golden/Denver West also has all your chained hotels, Hampton Inn, Day Inn, Marriotts.. etc. You would be about 10-15 minutes from Red Rocks
COKeekers

Postby Mountainmom » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:07 am

Thanks. I have never been to Colorado. We are so excited! Except the part where people ask you to repeat yourself so they can hear your southern accent again.

Mountainmom
Has caught the bug!

Postby Amy517 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:03 pm

Make sure you stay hydrated so the altitude doesn't make you sick :)

Amy517
Is getting the hang of it!

Postby Mountainmom » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:44 am

Dude. I'm going to Red Rocks! I am just over the moon and my friends won't understand. My husband wants to do all the things. Drive up Mount Evans, go white water rafting. How will I have the energy left for a show?!

Mountainmom
Has caught the bug!

Postby dawnsheridan » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:38 am

just wanted to say thank you to againtoday for the presale opportunity for red rocks this year! the show on sunday was incredible; brandi rocked it out, as always! and i also became a fan of her co-headliner, OCMS.

such awesome seats, such a moving performance. LOVED her new "mother" song. my girlfriend and i were both crying as we are both mothers of young girls. hard to even get out of the house, so really nice to bond as mothers and fans of brandi over her new song.

thanks AGAIN, againtoday and all of the like-minded fans of brandi!

cheers!

-dawn
dawnsheridan

Postby dtsHurricane » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:47 am

glad you had a great time, Dawn! \:D/
-LisaW
dtsHurricane

Postby QuietPlease » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:46 am

Is there anyone know why there is no Red Rocks show for 2017?
QuietPlease

Postby RunningRattie » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:07 pm

I'm not sure that there was a reason. Brandi just said that 2017 was a Telluride (Bluegrass Festival) year, and 2018 would be a Red Rocks year, so hopefully we have that to look forward to next summer. :D
RunningRattie
Is getting the hang of it!

Return to Concert News and Reviews