Concert News and Reviews

Grand Ole Opry 3.25.17

Your thoughts on last night's show.

Moderators: LizzyD, lookingout86, COKeekers

Grand Ole Opry 3.25.17

Postby mellijane » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:19 pm

I was shocked that there didn't appear to be any promotion for Brandi's performances at the Grand Ole Opry last night. I'm assuming maybe she was a last minute add?

Did anyone listen over the radio/streaming services to the show or hear any feedback? I haven't seen anything from the band on social media - other than Instagram photo from Josh & photo of Brandi getting ready for the show.

Just seems a bit odd. I know the show was mostly focused on Carrie Underwood's 100th show at the Opry, so maybe Brandi's performance was not highlighted.

This makes me miss TNN - anyone remember that channel back in the day? It was the channel to go to if you wanted to watch the Opry live, or old re-runs of Hee-Haw, or those random shows that featured country line dancing, back when that was the thing. I think they even had a Jay Leno-esque show that featured country artists. But then again...it was the 90s when tons of people were obsessed with Garth Brooks and all that.
mellijane
Needs to see a few more shows!

Re: Grand Ole Opry 3.25.17

Postby dtsHurricane » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:23 am

I found it pretty odd, too. Was it sold out? Maybe it was mostly sold out because of Carrie's 100th appearance celebration so BCB didn't bother to mention it? Still, would have been nice for a longer heads-up to at least hear it on the broadcast. An Opry appearance is a pretty big deal, if you ask me.

Can't say I remember TNN, but we didn't get cable out where I lived. My grandparents had one of those giant satellites in their yard and my grandma would record hours of CMT music videos to VHS for me to watch. Still have some of them. :D
-LisaW
dtsHurricane
Too much time on their hands!

Postby COKeekers » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:28 pm

Would have tuned in to listen had there an announcement!
"as long as today is not like tomorrow.."
COKeekers

Postby smallred » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:08 pm

The shows are now up on the Opry's archives. Below are the links, the time stamp for the start of BCB's segment, and the songs they did in that set.

https://soundcloud.com/user-971423658/s ... ch-25-2017
2:10
The Eye
The Mother
The Story

https://soundcloud.com/user-971423658/s ... econd-show
1:32
New Song
Downpour
The Story
smallred
Keeps coming back for more!

Postby dtsHurricane » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:53 am

Thanks for tracking those down, smallred!

Always interesting to hear a new song.

And perhaps the first standing ovation of the year at the Opry? Not bad, BC! =D>
-LisaW
dtsHurricane

Return to Concert News and Reviews