General Discussion

Brandi's tattoo

This is where you can discuss general topics relating to Brandi. Please put other topics in the relevant forums below.

Moderators: LizzyD, lookingout86, COKeekers

Postby sunnyday04 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:24 pm

I still find it hilarious that she has Never-Ending Story tattoos. It was tough to explain the origin of the design to my mother, she who never showed me this film growing up! I have seen it now, by the way... :P
sunnyday04

Postby LizzyD » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:29 pm

Y'all, READ THE BOOK. The movie, while entertaining, doesn't even touch the majesty that is the book.
LizzyD
Too much time on their hands!

Postby zuzuzu » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:31 pm

LizzyD wrote:Y'all, READ THE BOOK. The movie, while entertaining, doesn't even touch the majesty that is the book.

yeah, last week i saw the book in the store and i decided to buy it :D
zuzuzu
Needs to see a few more shows!

Postby electricjellybean » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:13 pm

LizzyD wrote:Y'all, READ THE BOOK. The movie, while entertaining, doesn't even touch the majesty that is the book.

Oh, WORD. Word, word, word. I just read it, like, two weeks ago, and it's now one of my favorite books ever.
"Wanna get drunk?" "No. There's too many phones in here."
electricjellybean
Is getting the hang of it!

Postby calamele » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:13 pm

I loved this movie as a kid...LOVED it!!!
I never realized that it was an adaptation of a book!
I am running to the library to get it!
Last edited by calamele on Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
calamele
Has caught the bug!

Location: the far north reaches of North Seattle....but not quite Shoreline

Postby pugmama » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:11 pm

hollyinpa wrote:If she likes symmetry you can certainly tell because of those IDENTICAL twins she has flanking both of the sides of the stage with her :wink:

LOL, Holly. True!
pugmama
It was the blue ones!

Postby kazziegal » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:28 pm

hollyinpa wrote:If she likes symmetry you can certainly tell because of those IDENTICAL twins she has flanking both of the sides of the stage with her :wink:

Yeah thats what I realised when I asked her ..I was like you have identical tatts on both arms like the twins .. :lol: thats when she told me she was into symmetry

And 9 times out of 10 the book is always better than the movie ... this is an great book and its wonderful that Brandi's tattoo has got people to read the book :)
Karen
kazziegal

Postby wildflower_131 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:22 pm

kazziegal wrote:

Yeah thats what I realised when I asked her ..I was like you have identical tatts on both arms like the twins .. :lol: thats when she told me she was into symmetry

And 9 times out of 10 the book is always better than the movie ... this is an great book and its wonderful that Brandi's tattoo has got people to read the book :)

I found this just before (and I don't think it has been posted before, I may be wrong though), right down at the end Brandi talks about her tattoos!

http://www.ripitup.com.au/interviews/4656
wildflower_131

Postby hollyinpa » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:08 pm

Cool interview, wildflower....

It bugs me to see the interviewer spelling things wrong...

Great find though! :wink:
What you talkin' about, Willis?
hollyinpa
Needs to get a new hobby!

Postby wildflower_131 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:22 pm

Holly, I know what you mean - I saw that too. :( It is annoying. Who proof reads the articles before they are submitted online !!! :?: :?:
wildflower_131

Postby meghanf » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:17 am

hey now...its an Australian publication! they follow the British spelling almost exactly...check this out:

http://www.xpdnc.com/moreinfo/orlabour.html

I think all of the inconsistencies fall on this list...funny how these things evolve! :P
meghanf

Postby hollyinpa » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:55 am

Good call, Meghan! I retrack my statement regarding the misspellings...well, most of them. :wink:

It was a great article, nonetheless.
hollyinpa

Postby sunnyday04 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:08 am

hollyinpa wrote:Good call, Meghan! I retrack my statement regarding the misspellings...well, most of them. :wink:

Except for "auryn," I suspect :P
sunnyday04

Postby LizzyD » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:18 pm

This part is interesting:

In the booklet for The Story, Brandi is impressively dressed in a military jacket, yet the guitarist admitted it’s not from her own wardrobe.
“It’s something I borrowed from a costume store,” Brandi recounted. “We wanted to go with a storybookish theme for the record with character-based artwork and I felt that this statuesque/marching band/Sergeant Pepper jacket was really good. I felt really good wearing it and I didn’t want to take it off, but it would be pretty interesting if a fan tracked down that store in LA.”

So who's in LA that can check out all the costume shops! :lol:
LizzyD

Postby quaky » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:40 pm

This is an interesting article about symmetry in Humans.
http://www.usaweekend.com/03_issues/030 ... metry.html
I've heard about the connection between symmetry and physical beauty a while ago and it's at least interesting. :roll:

The expression "sing your ass off" is funny, why isn't it "sing your throat off"?!
It's funny to translate expressions from different Countries and languages to our own language and see that we don't use those expressions, but we have different ones. Or the same with the use of words, like fu**, it can be used in almost every sentence in English but saying that word in Portuguese is really using a strong word, so we say sh** instead...not much better :lol: .But it all has to do with the significance we give to words, like in the North of Portugal people use dic* in sentences like using a comma. :|

The Goonies will be forever in my heart. Such a great adventure movie and it brings good memories from when i was twelve.
quaky
Has caught the bug!

Postby meghanf » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:42 pm

sunnyday04 wrote:Except for "auryn," I suspect :P

ah true true...sigh.

I second Holly though. good article...
meghanf

Postby bcfan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:47 pm

hollyinpa wrote:Good call, Meghan! I retrack my statement regarding the misspellings...well, most of them. :wink:

Did you mention spelling? I believe the word is "retract". Gotcha! :)
bcfan
Has caught the bug!

Postby hollyinpa » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:43 pm

bcfan wrote:

Did you mention spelling? I believe the word is "retract". Gotcha! :)

Indeed you did, bcfan. I hate it when my fingers don't cooperate! :wink: I suppose it is possible to "retrack" a statement...not sure what good it would do though! :D
hollyinpa

Postby Mo » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:57 pm

LizzyD wrote:This part is interesting:

In the booklet for The Story, Brandi is impressively dressed in a military jacket, yet the guitarist admitted it’s not from her own wardrobe.
“It’s something I borrowed from a costume store,” Brandi recounted. “We wanted to go with a storybookish theme for the record with character-based artwork and I felt that this statuesque/marching band/Sergeant Pepper jacket was really good. I felt really good wearing it and I didn’t want to take it off, but it would be pretty interesting if a fan tracked down that store in LA.”

So who's in LA that can check out all the costume shops! :lol:

She may still have it, that jacket would make a cool auction item in a few years... I almost bought the leather jacket worn by Annie Lenox in this video-I know I didn't want to take it off :lol: here is an 80's blast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl1UvbGk ... re=related
Mo
Has caught the bug!

Postby wildflower_131 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:22 am

sunnyday04 wrote:

Except for "auryn," I suspect :P

That's the main one - since I am in Oz, the "misspellings" are the norm for me - the Auryn one annoyed me though... Orin??" really! haha.
wildflower_131

Postby mele » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:00 am

It's easy to sit there and say you'd like to have more money. And I guess that's what I like about it. It's easy. Just sitting there, rocking back and forth, wanting that money.
mele

Postby georgia11 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:03 pm

I think her tattoo's is great.
But I don't know this movie. :oops:
I am missing someone but i don't know who, now i'm standing alone and trying to remember...
georgia11
Is getting the hang of it!

Postby kookie21 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:40 am

quaky wrote:
The Goonies will be forever in my heart. Such a great adventure movie and it brings good memories from when i was twelve.

I have just read the article, I didn't realise she was a big Goonies fan! now i'm gutted I didnt talk to her about the film - it's my ultimate favourite and it was on the night before the London gig, I wonder if she caught it?! I should have worn my Goonies t shirt :-) and told her about how I've met Mouth, heheh. oh well, if our paths cross again, that'll be top of my list to mention!
kookie21

Postby Marina » Sun May 04, 2008 1:45 pm

At the Leeds show there was a girl with an Auryn tattooed on her lower arm. When Sarah and I told her that Brandi had the same tattoo she appeared very surprised-but seriously? What are the chances?
Deep as the seagulls
Marina

Postby Renegade_Pilgrim » Sun May 04, 2008 2:46 pm

She doesn't always show her tattoos, though, so unless you are a super fan like some of us, there is a possibility she didn't know.
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crises maintain their neutrality. -Dante Alighieri
Renegade_Pilgrim

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion