General Discussion

Bramily

This is where you can discuss general topics relating to Brandi. Please put other topics in the relevant forums below.

Moderators: LizzyD, lookingout86, COKeekers

Bramily

Postby elise523 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:07 am

Is anyone here a member of the Bramily? Can anyone explain how it is different from AgainToday? I know it is to support the Looking Out Foundation, but I was wondering if there was anything else that was different? Private shows, etc? Also, was the Port Chester NY show on the DL or something? I don't remember hearing anything about it...was wondering if it was one of those Bramily private gigs or something.
elise523
Needs to see a few more shows!

Re: Bramily

Postby RunningRattie » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:44 am

Hey.

I think there are a few of us on here who paid for Bramily memberships. The Bramily Fan Alliance (BFA) is basically a paid version of what AT began, and AT is now secondary to BFA, despite its 10-year existence. I think a third (?) of the BFA membership fee goes to LOF.

If you're asking about pre-sales, AT was at one time privy to a pre-pre-sale, accessible only from this forum, and later only accessible to those who had achieved a certain (extremely low) number of posts, due to one unfortunate day in February of 2015 when the forum was mobbed by those with no regard for the community simply to gain access to tickets to the FWD tour. When BFA was created, that pre-pre-sale was turned over to paid members of the BFA first, and AT members second, and then the general fan pre-sale, and then public on-sale.

On the "News, Announcements, and Forum News" section, there is an AT history posted Holly. It provides great insight into the events that made this community. I think there were some house concerts early on, but I don't know that there have ever been private concerts on the level of what you're asking, like in actual venues. The band has definitely performed privately in larger venues for corporations who have hired them for their employees. Even RTR has (at least in the past few years, can't speak for the earlier years as I wasn't there) been open to the general public, after the AT and now BFA pre-sales.

Port Chester was not a private deal, but I never considered attending, so I didn't pay close attention to the announcement/lead-up to the on-sale. There was a Bramily pre-sale before the public on-sale, and I do remember reading that it was tough going, and a lot of the best seats showed up on secondhand sites for hundreds more than face value almost immediately after the sale. That didn't have anything to do with BFA, or it being a private show. Just crappy scalpers or the venue itself being shady. These recent pop-up/non-tour shows have been poorly announced in general in my opinion.

Hearty thanks to Bert, by the way, who continues to keep the forum alive. I used to check in consistently, but my distaste for the way things have gone on FB, the other forum, and in the community in general have unfortunately affected my interest in following the band as closely as I once did. Seems unfair since it's not their fault it's not fun anymore. I'll still always buy their stuff (music and ALL the merch) and go to shows.

All this is just my opinion, I'm sure there are different ones. I belong to the BFA, with the same user name there as here, and I'm not hiding my opinion.
RunningRattie
Is getting the hang of it!

Postby hollyinpa » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:01 pm

RunningRattie wrote:Hey.

I think there are a few of us on here who paid for Bramily memberships. The Bramily Fan Alliance (BFA) is basically a paid version of what AT began, and AT is now secondary to BFA, despite its 10-year existence. I think a third (?) of the BFA membership fee goes to LOF.

If you're asking about pre-sales, AT was at one time privy to a pre-pre-sale, accessible only from this forum, and later only accessible to those who had achieved a certain (extremely low) number of posts, due to one unfortunate day in February of 2015 when the forum was mobbed by those with no regard for the community simply to gain access to tickets to the FWD tour. When BFA was created, that pre-pre-sale was turned over to paid members of the BFA first, and AT members second, and then the general fan pre-sale, and then public on-sale.

On the "News, Announcements, and Forum News" section, there is an AT history posted Holly. It provides great insight into the events that made this community. I think there were some house concerts early on, but I don't know that there have ever been private concerts on the level of what you're asking, like in actual venues. The band has definitely performed privately in larger venues for corporations who have hired them for their employees. Even RTR has (at least in the past few years, can't speak for the earlier years as I wasn't there) been open to the general public, after the AT and now BFA pre-sales.

Port Chester was not a private deal, but I never considered attending, so I didn't pay close attention to the announcement/lead-up to the on-sale. There was a Bramily pre-sale before the public on-sale, and I do remember reading that it was tough going, and a lot of the best seats showed up on secondhand sites for hundreds more than face value almost immediately after the sale. That didn't have anything to do with BFA, or it being a private show. Just crappy scalpers or the venue itself being shady. These recent pop-up/non-tour shows have been poorly announced in general in my opinion.

Hearty thanks to Bert, by the way, who continues to keep the forum alive. I used to check in consistently, but my distaste for the way things have gone on FB, the other forum, and in the community in general have unfortunately affected my interest in following the band as closely as I once did. Seems unfair since it's not their fault it's not fun anymore. I'll still always buy their stuff (music and ALL the merch) and go to shows.

All this is just my opinion, I'm sure there are different ones. I belong to the BFA, with the same user name there as here, and I'm not hiding my opinion.

Thanks for your thoughts, RunningRattie. I appreciate your honesty. Times have changed.

I, too, am now BFA member and moderator. I still check this forum, albeit infrequently. AT.com's FB page gets some traction, but there really isn't a platform that provides the engagement and fan cultivation quite like AT did back in the day. As I said...times have changed.

I support LOF and go to shows when I can. My budget doesn't allow as much road tripping as I would like, but I try to stay in touch with some of my original AT Family when I can. This community will always be a cherished part of my life. So many friendships made and amazing adventures had since 2006...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hollyinpa
Needs to get a new hobby!

Postby dtsHurricane » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:55 am

elise523 wrote:Is anyone here a member of the Bramily? Can anyone explain how it is different from AgainToday? I know it is to support the Looking Out Foundation, but I was wondering if there was anything else that was different? Private shows, etc? Also, was the Port Chester NY show on the DL or something? I don't remember hearing anything about it...was wondering if it was one of those Bramily private gigs or something.

I haven't been to the Bramily site since it was first new, but to my knowledge there haven't been any private gigs for members. The biggest benefit is getting the earliest ticket presale available. Other perks might include getting to hear snippets of new songs earlier or video greetings from the band and stuff like that.

I think RunningRattie did a good job of explaining some differences and histories of each.
-LisaW
dtsHurricane
Too much time on their hands!

Postby Teri » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:43 pm

Hi guys! I can't remember the last time I checked in here and I feel bad about that. I will say I miss it & am sad that there are 2 more popular BCB platforms.
I joined Bramily but I do not like the site. It isn't user friendly but according to the moderator (or Gatekeeper) over there, some changes are coming soon. I only check when someone on the FB site alerts us to an important post. I hope it will change to a format similar to the one we have here. Currently all topics appear as part of a long list. They are not in order or categories by date, topic, etc. I am appreciative of the pre-sales, I have attended 2 shows since joining & my seats were great. We got a member only CD and pin upon joining. I can't remember the cost of my membership (1 year) but I do like that some it goes to LOF.
I have no idea who started the "oh Brandi, how I love thee" FB page but it is the BCB source I keep up with the most since I check my FB page almost daily. I'm appreciative of all the information but I rarely post.
Teri

Postby elise523 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:13 am

Thank you all for all this great information! I think I might bite the bullet and join just for fear of missing out on something! And of course the money goes to a great cause!
elise523

Postby QuietPlease » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:35 am

To be honest , there is not much thing in BFA but just feel good as a fan to support my favorite artist and her foundation. I too much prefer this AT forum to the rest . This forum is well documented and this is like a Brandi dictionary/history. But I rarely come here these days because the Facebook group is easier to access and the information there is more update and private.But in my mind, nothing can replace this forum.
QuietPlease

Postby hollyinpa » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:21 pm

Forums, in general, are headed the way of the dinosaur. FB provides easy, quick access to information.

The latest "updates" to BFA have resulted in an "appearance" that is more akin to the AT forum.

To navigate any forum, it takes time. It's not the easiest way to get QUICK, "as it happens" info, but I do value the history of this forum (11 years in the making).

I also value the "Family" that I have amassed over the years here on AT.com. So many amazing memories and lifelong friendships.
hollyinpa
Needs to get a new hobby!

Postby RunningRattie » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:19 pm

I actually like the BFA forum more than FB in general. My problem with the FB group has always been the nature of FB in general, and how that nature has proliferated some rather unbecoming behavior and sentiments within the group over the past couple of years. It's just a beast. But it's never been anything personal, "X posts here, but Y posts there, so Y is the worst." Nothing like that. To each their own.

I appreciate everyone letting me be honest and not holding it against me.
RunningRattie
Is getting the hang of it!

Return to General Discussion