Brandi Carlile Street Team

Street Team Rep Stories & Experiences

Spread the word about Brandi and the Looking Out Foundation.

Moderators: LizzyD, lookingout86, COKeekers

Re: Street Team Rep Stories & Experiences

Postby JessicaMelrose » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:56 pm

How cute!
JessicaMelrose
Too much time on their hands!

Postby emmylou » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:21 pm

That's so cool! What a sweet picture, too!
emmylou
Keeps coming back for more!

Postby martinDMgal » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:09 am

agentcmlove - Love that picture from your Street teaming! (and your hat!)
-Lara
Lara
martinDMgal
Needs to see a few more shows!

Postby 11onthursday » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:56 pm

Hi everyone,
I had the ultimate pleasure of being on the street team in San Diego on Friday at Humphries. This was my second time on the street team at a very different venue than the first. The first time was the house of blues where it was GA and people were on their feet throughout the entire show. This time it was a much larger venue (and sold out) with reserved seats, a bay front location, and cocktail servers that take orders at your seat. That being said, I disappointed at least a dozen patrons by not being able (or willing) to get then their drinks. Apparently the glow from the ipad ie eerily similar to that of the light on the server's tray.
One of the funnier moments of the night came during the opening act when I realized I'd been duped! I had brief chat with a guy who was sitting all by himself off to the side of the venue before the band Ivan & Alyosha took the stage, trying to get him to sign up for Brandi's mailing list. The guy asked if I knew Brandi (no), would I be meeting her before the show (no), and would it possible to get her a message before the show (no). He went on to tell me how it was his wife's birthday and how it would be great if she would wish his wife a happy birthday from the stage. I told him it was a great gift to bring her to the show for her birthday and to enjoy the show, even though all I could do was get him signed up for the mailing list and went about my street team business. About half way through the opening act the bass player announced to the audience that it was his wife's birthday and had the crowd wish her a happy birthday. I came out of my fog and realized that the bass player had played me! He was the guy wondering if I could get a message to Brandi. It was really much funnier than the way I'm telling it. :)
Anyway, it was a great night all the way through. Great show!! Brandi, Rachel, Tim, Phil, everyone else....thanks so much!
11onthursday

Postby bendbrandifan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:28 pm

Lol, that is funny! I love the guys of Ivan & Alyosha. Sounds like you had a great night!!
-Lisa
bendbrandifan
Is getting the hang of it!

Postby JessicaMelrose » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:51 pm

That's so great!
JessicaMelrose

Postby Tonyag » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:47 am

Funny story! Thanks for taking the time to share. :)
Be the change you want to see in the world. Gandhi
Tonyag

Postby splashley » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:17 pm

Definitely going to to try to Street Team, I love all the stories!!
-Ashley

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans- John Lennon
splashley
Has caught the bug!

Postby agentcmlove96 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:35 pm

You definitely should. It's a great experience!
My life is filled with things I do not need. But the only thing I want before I'm old won't fit under my Christmas tree...
agentcmlove96

Postby emmylou » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:53 pm

I street teamed Britt Fest with my dad. It was a mix of extremes in the crowd. Lots of local season ticket holders who don't really care, several die-hards that were already on the list, and about 100 people who signed up :D I met one person from NJ but working here during the summer who was really interested in AT and how I got on the street team. Maybe we'll see her here someday!

Here are the two extremes I experienced:
We were patrolling the gate to catch people. One woman came up, and we asked her. She looked disgusted. She was like "No, I'm supposed to meet a friend who's working at the merch table, but I don't see her. Is she here?" I told her I don't know, and watched her picnic basket for her while she figured things out. She came back and I confirmed again "are you sure you don't want to sign up now?" "No, but can I give you an enemy's email?" "No, but you wouldn't want to anyway because you'd be giving them wonderful music!" "I hate this...(band/music. she kind of trailed off)" She wandered away. Such a negative attitude. It is a little funny to me, but sad at the same time.

During the break between sets, a slightly older lady (I wonder if they're a group of ATers?), who might've had a drink or two, came up and I asked about the email list. She said, "Oh after 500 dollars and 5 hours of driving... We're definitely on the list. But those Ivan & Alyosha guys, aren't they CUTE? I mean seriously, they're adorable! Now listen, I work with a fire department, and I see these hot young guys when I come in to work sometimes... then I realize they're my son's age. Like I'm old enough to be their grandmother!"

It was hilarious, I told her not to think about the age thing, and reassured her Ivan & Alyosha are indeed very cute guys. It was very funny chatting with her :lol:
emmylou
Keeps coming back for more!

Postby JessicaMelrose » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:07 am

Boo to the picnic basket bummer. What a negative nancy, and she clearly has horrible taste in music
JessicaMelrose

Postby Tonyag » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:14 pm

I hope she had a whole new appreciation after the show. We can hope, right? Nice job of killing her with kindness! :)
Be the change you want to see in the world. Gandhi
Tonyag

Previous

Return to Brandi Carlile Street Team