Brandi Carlile Street Team

Street Team Rep Stories & Experiences

Spread the word about Brandi and the Looking Out Foundation.

Moderators: LizzyD, lookingout86, COKeekers

Re: Street Team Rep Stories & Experiences

Postby emmylou » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:12 pm

Owen, it was wonderful meeting you yesterday! Fantastic job getting all those emails! I agree with Holly, you win the best street teamer prize :D

Adrienne, great to see you and your husband again, too!

bendbrandifan wrote:Emily and her father had a great form that they had created and clip boards that they lent us.

I'm so glad we could help you with that!
emmylou
Keeps coming back for more!

Postby Adrienne » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:28 am

Owen is getting a ton of mileage from his picture with Brandi. Today at school his teacher pulled up Brandi's website and showed the picture to the class and let Owen explain who she is, etc. Then the teacher played The Story and the kids all rocked out and had a great time. I asked Owen if the kids liked the song. He said they "LOVED" it.

Pretty funny!! Cool teacher, right?
Adrienne
Needs to see a few more shows!

Postby JessicaMelrose » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:15 am

Heck yeah! Go teacher!
JessicaMelrose
Too much time on their hands!

Postby epowers816 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:33 am

Best. Teacher. EVER!
"So you like show tunes; that doesn't mean you're gay. It just means you're awful!" -Sue Sylvester
epowers816
Keeps coming back for more!

Postby jrose044 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:59 pm

Right after the show I had posted a response on here, but I just logged back on to this section and I don't see it, and I can't find it anywhere in my history of posts, so I guess I will post it something again even though it is 2 months later.... :?

Anyway, I was the person selected to be the street team for Brandi's Dec. 9th show in Bellingham, WA. I had been looking for a +1 when my mom decided to fly into town to go to the show with me, and she volunteered to be my +1. :-)

We had a great time and got a BUNCH of e-mails, and met a couple people from this forum as well at the show. We collected e-mails before and after the show, and everyone was very friendly and wanted to hear more about the LOF. My mom and I worked a system out of her telling everyone about the LOF and then she would send them over to me to insert their names/emails into the iPad app.

When we first got there we dropped off our bag of toys (for the holiday toy drive) and then texted Rachel and she met us down at the merch booth to give us the iPad and our shirts. After about a minute of instructions, she left us to get started.

Brandi's partner Catherine was out on the floor for a good portion of time before the show, so I was able to stop and say hello before going off to collect more e-mails. :D

After the show, we collected more e-mails and the waited around to meet Brandi backstage. She was on her way out the door because they were driving back to Seattle still that evening (it was already 10:30p) and wanted to get on the road. But, we were able to chat with the twins, Brandi, and Catherine for a couple minutes before they had to run.

Overall, it was a great show and an amazing experience. I'll definitely be asking to be a street team member again. :-)

jrose044

Postby martinDMgal » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:14 pm

Just want to say that I'm street teaming for the NYC March 22nd show and I'm psyched! Will have to review this thread closer to the date to prep for it :)
Lara
martinDMgal

Postby martinDMgal » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:41 am

I street-teamed for the first night of the Beacon shows in New York, March 22nd with my sister. It was great!! We met a lot of passionate fans of Brandi, and it was fun to talk with all of them and hear about their stories about where they had traveled from to see the show. (Both this time, and the time the hurricane cancelled it!) Rachel was incredibly helpful and kind to us. She really does an excellent job of making you feel comfortable, and is just clearly a good person and fun to talk to. The show was fantastic - I think BCB was thrilled to finally make it to the Beacon after waiting for so long. I was soo tired after all the email address-collecting, but we still got to meet Brandi and the band. The Twins were awesome. Phil brought out the baby, and she was super cute of course (and awake and happy at midnight!). Tim was soooo nice and talked about what it was like to meet The Roots and Jimmy Fallon the night before! (he said he was a bit starstruck, kinda like I was feeling in that moment!) There were a lot of people backstage, maybe because it's New York, so by the time Brandi got to us, I think she was tired, but she still said hi and chatted for a minute, and took a picture with us. All in all, I'd say it was a great, high-energy experience that I will always remember with a smile!

-Lara
Lara
martinDMgal

Postby hollyinpa » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:45 am

Glad you gals had a great time! Thanks for helping collect email addresses.

As for backstage, NYC shows tend to have more folks backstage than other shows because of the "industry folks" who are there. I don't know how the band does it (chatting with so many folks) after performing their hearts out for 2 hours on stage beforehand. If it were me, I'd be ready for bed after the show...they are always so gracious and kind to fans, though.
hollyinpa
Needs to get a new hobby!

Postby martinDMgal » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:52 am

Absolutely - Brandi and the band were still amazingly nice and chatty with us. I admire their stamina for sure!
Lara
martinDMgal

Postby ShadowOnTheWall88 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:15 am

My friend, Emily was picked as the street-teamer for the Interlochen show and she chose me as her partner. We got about 80 email addresses, and the crowd wasn't super-receptive (the show was on the campus of an arts-school, so there were lots of students/patrons around who weren't attending the show), but I was happy with our final numbers. After the show, Rachel came out to meet us and took us down by the stage where we waited by the stage-door where Brandi would come out. A few minutes later, Brandi came out and we all talked for a few minutes and I had her sign a few things and we took a few pictures. Emily gave her a copy of her book (she's a writer) which I thought was awesome, and ended up signing a copy for Brandi. :) At the end of the show, Josh walked to the edge of the stage and handed me his set-list, and I told Brandi that that was so sweet of him to do that and to thank him for me if she remembered. We ended up spotting Josh and Konrad walking around after we had met Brandi and were about to leave. I told him thanks for the setlist and introduced myself to Konrad, and told them to have fun on their day off in Interlochen. He said they were probably to going to go fishing or do something on the water. It was so much fun and I was about to do again, solo, a few days later in Grand Rapids.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShadowOnTheWall88

Postby ShadowOnTheWall88 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:19 am

I met with Rachel shortly before doors in Grand Rapids, and got the iPad (also, both street-teamers get iPads now, which is awesome) and started collecting after I saved myself a spot. I ended up with about 50 by the end of the night. After the show, I waited down by a gate to the right of the stage, and then a guy came up to me and got ahold of Rachel on his walkie-talkie to confirm that I was going backstage and had me wait somewhere more comfortable, which I thought was really nice of him. A few minutes later, Rachel came out and took me back to go see Brandi. Brandi and Phil were in the hallway talking to her manager, Mark, and I believe some of his family members, and they introduced me and we talked to Brandi for a little bit. Somebody pointed out that her shirt really made her stand out on stage, and Mark said that it was a nice change because usually she blends in on stage in a "sea of vests". :lol: Brandi mentioned that she was going for the Stevie Nicks "look" with her shirt and pulled her sleeve all of the way down over her hand. :lol: Mark and the other guests left after a few minutes and then Brandi asked if I wanted to get our Grand Rapids picture. After we got that, I asked her if Phil and Tim were busy, or if they could sign something for a minute, and she called them out on her way out. They came out and we talked for about five minutes and got a great picture. It was funny because I was the one who was trying to end the conversation so they could go shower and rest, but they were the ones who kept the conversation going. :) I had mentioned that I'd love for them to cover "House of The Rising Sun", which led to Phil talking about how much he loves Eric Burdon and he asked me if I had The Animals' "Best Of" collection. I had also mentioned that I'd like to see, as a joke, them cover The Proclaimers', "500 Miles". Phil brought up the "Family Guy" sketch where Peter is singing that with The Proclaimers. Before I left, Gibb walked through the hallway and I told him that it was a great show and introduced myself and shook his hand. It was a great night and I want to thank Brandi, Tim, Phil, Josh, Konrad, Gibb, Rachel, Bert, Holly, Emily, who chose me as her partner when she could have chosen anybody, and everybody involved in making this opportunity available to ATers. It is such a fulfilling and exciting thing to be a part of!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShadowOnTheWall88

Postby dtsHurricane » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:44 pm

Great pictures, Danny!
-LisaW
dtsHurricane

Postby justafan » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:49 pm

Thanks for sharing, Danny!! Love the pics! Did the twins sign your guitar strap?
justafan
Is getting the hang of it!

Postby JessicaMelrose » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:21 pm

Thanks for sharing, Danny! Those photos and your stories are great! How fun!
JessicaMelrose

Postby ShadowOnTheWall88 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:13 am

justafan wrote:Thanks for sharing, Danny!! Love the pics! Did the twins sign your guitar strap?

Yes they did! Thanks, everybody. :)
ShadowOnTheWall88

Postby zipthistle » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:24 pm

Aw, so happy for you!
zipthistle
Has caught the bug!

Postby annie » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:48 pm

Thanks for sharing, Danny! I love the interpretative dance photo. :) Also it was great meeting you briefly! Hope to see you around at other future shows!
annie
Has caught the bug!

Postby mamahippy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:37 pm

Danny,

What wonderful pics! Hope to see you soon
-Leslie

Postby kk55 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:57 pm

My husband Dan and I were street team reps at Big Top. It was a beautiful night and the crowd was great. Dan was a real trooper to put the t-shirt on and got to work. We both had fun and the concert was the best I have been to of Brandi's. Afterwards Rachel brought us to their bus to meet Brandi, Catherine, the twins and their partners. Dan,Brandi and Catherine talked about fishing and Brandi showed him a pic of the bass that was caught. I talked about doing some work for the Vote No campaign in Minnesota that would have banned same sex marriage. Happy to say it is legal as of August 1 everyone in the state of Minnesota will have the right to be married! We are doing a road trip from MN to Red Rocks for the concert, excited and maybe I will meet new people from this site. Safe travels to all. Kris
kk55

Postby kk55 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:08 pm

I forgot to mention I met Gina from Brandi Carlile's Fans of MN. She does a great job on the Facebook page and It was a pleasure to have a picture and talk with her. Check it out. Kris
kk55

Postby martinDMgal » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:50 pm

Sounds like so much fun, Kris...Makes me even more psyched for 1) Red Rocks, and 2) my own Street teaming at the Wolftrap later this month!!!

-Lara
Lara
martinDMgal

Postby JessicaMelrose » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:40 am

Awesome! I'm getting pumped for jersey!
JessicaMelrose

Postby martinDMgal » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:31 am

Jessica,

It sure is coming up soon - How cool that you are Street-teaming for the State theater show! And it's just the night before the Wolftrap. I will be thinking of you bc I used to work at the theater and live right near there. I am sure it will be a fantastic night!

-Lara
Lara
martinDMgal

Postby agentcmlove96 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:15 pm

My best friend and I did the show in St. Louis last night. The line was a lot longer than we expected it to be (it expanded past the hotel next door to The Pageant). We managed to get quite a few for the small venue. People were really cool about it, too. We ran into a lot who were already signed up. Everyone was already in by about 20 minutes before the show, so we went inside. We couldn't do much at the intermission because we are under 21 and only allowed in one section, but well for what we could do. After the show, we waited for about 45 minutes to meet Brandi(completely worth it). Lucky for me, she did most of the talking because I was a nervous wreck, and I forgot most of the words in my vocabulary. She was so cool about it, too. She gave me a hug because I was so nervous. She signed our stuff, took a couple pictures with us, and left. It was so awesome. By the time I got home, it was almost 2 in the morning. So glad I did Street Team! :D
My life is filled with things I do not need. But the only thing I want before I'm old won't fit under my Christmas tree...
agentcmlove96

Postby Strange fire » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:53 pm

That's a really cute picture. All matchy matchy in your red shirts and hats. Sweet.
Strange fire

PreviousNext

Return to Brandi Carlile Street Team