Raise the Roof

2016 Raise The Roof in Seattle

A Benefit for the Looking Out Foundation

Moderators: LizzyD, lookingout86, COKeekers

Re: 2016 Raise The Roof in Seattle

Postby procrastinator » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:42 pm

My first RTR in Seattle! Over $145,000 was raised! Town Hall was a great venue and as always BCB was amazing. Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to pull it off - you really did it up right!! It was great to see AT friends, old and new and put faces to names! After a few hours delay, I returned home last night with some great memories and a slightly rumpled poster. I saw the sights in Seattle ( so appreciative of my tour guide & cruise director and navigator- no operator errors were noted- at least on my part!) and had a GREAT time! Again, well done AT and LOF!
Betty, SA, LG and awards too numerous to mention
procrastinator
Is getting the hang of it!

Postby rhcfp1 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:17 pm

Hey Bets - Agree as usual - The Pin Drop set was great as always but it was the last set with the choir that blew the house away. Simply amazing.
rhcfp1
Needs to see a few more shows!

Postby Renegade_Pilgrim » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:15 am

dtsHurricane wrote:Oh, what were some of the auction and/or raffle items? Were there any small items available for purchase? What kind of budget would one need to plan for in the future? :lol:

There were big items and little items...for those on a budget, they had a raffle, like in years past. The big items were things like a private listening of the new record in early 2018 with the band and tickets to the Mexico resort event with the Avett Bros. There was also a signed Gretsch guitar. The private listening thing went for over $4K if I remember correctly. It was pretty nuts. Ideally, anyone who could afford a ticket to the event could also spend $20-40 on raffle tickets and feel good about contributing. I feel like this is one of those events where no matter how little or how much you make, you could be a part of it.
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crises maintain their neutrality. -Dante Alighieri
Renegade_Pilgrim
Too much time on their hands!

Postby procrastinator » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:41 am

rhcfp1 wrote:Hey Bets - Agree as usual - The Pin Drop set was great as always but it was the last set with the choir that blew the house away. Simply amazing.

The choir was a great addition! Hallelujah was the best ever, IMHO.

I'm excited for "The Story" release - Dolly Parton!! Adele!! Great fun to do a guessing game of the different artists.

The Pin Drop set was very good but naturally wasn't exactly like one of the Pin Drop shows with different lighting, acoustics, etc.

Pretty funny to see Brandi bid on and win a couple of the auction items! All in all, good fun, great music and a tidy sum raised for a good cause!
procrastinator
Is getting the hang of it!

Postby COKeekers » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:26 pm

The roof was definitely raised with the amount of funds raised for LOF! It was a beautiful night!

It's amazing to have witnessed where RTR has started and where it will go. Definitely some growing pains this year but that's how to grow!
"as long as today is not like tomorrow.."
COKeekers
Too much time on their hands!

Postby SusanB » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:50 pm

Renegade_Pilgrim wrote:
1) I still hate drunk fans. I will never like them. However, I do like when they spend thousands of dollars at the auction, most likely without realizing it. That hangover is gonna suck today. Also, Susan is my hero and the new gang leader of the Sharks. SHARKS FOREVER!!!!

Yeah, drunk fans are the biggest pain in the ass. My favorite argument was, "Do you know who she is?!?" I bit my tongue on that one and didn't respond.

I didn't get to see much of the show because I was downstairs but the few glimpses of it that I did catch were great. I will miss the Triple Door shows because we could work and still see the show, but I'm glad more money can be raised for LOF in a bigger venue.
You make a living by what you get. You make a life by what you give.
~ Winston Churchill
SusanB
Needs to see a few more shows!

Previous

Return to Raise the Roof