AT Meet-Ups and Gatherings

El Paso, TX--September 25

Post your plans for AT pre/post show gatherings here.

Moderators: LizzyD, lookingout86, COKeekers

El Paso, TX--September 25

Postby annie » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:37 pm

Hi ATers!

Will anyone else be attending this show later this month? I've never been to this venue before, and honestly I'm a little nervous it will be a quiet, more subdued feel (especially compared with Red Rocks last month!). Looking forward to it and I'd love to at least say hi if anyone else is planning to be there.
annie
Has caught the bug!

Re: El Paso, TX--September 25

Postby markC » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:19 am

annie wrote:Hi ATers!
Will anyone else be attending this show later this month? I've never been to this venue before, and honestly I'm a little nervous it will be a quiet, more subdued feel (especially compared with Red Rocks last month!). Looking forward to it and I'd love to at least say hi if anyone else is planning to be there.

You shouldn't be nervous. Just looked up The Plaza Theatre and read that the seating capacity is 2000. That's a lot. lol. Besides, don't you find going to and exploring new venues an adventurous trip? :D
“I freed a thousand slaves. I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves.” - Harriet Tubman
markC
Too much time on their hands!

Re: El Paso, TX--September 25

Postby Teri » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:04 am

Hi Annie! I'm so sad about the news that this show isn't happening? I couldn't belive it when it was announced but honestly, I thought this venue was a bit big for them in a small city like El Paso. I attended an Avett Brothers show a couple of years ago at the Magoffin Auditorium & was so sad to see the place half empty. Is there a smaller venue there that would be more suitable for their first El Paso show? I've heard of Tricky Falls but have never been there. Is there anything we can do to get them to reconsider & play somewhere else? I'm trying to think of some ideas :-k What can we do? Who can we call?? ](*,)
The city desperately needs to get exposed to different artists but I understand it is not an easy thing to do. It has to start somewhere though right? I wish I could start a radio station there! I would totally quit my job in Phoenix & move back! Lol!
Teri
Needs to see a few more shows!

Return to AT Meet-Ups and Gatherings