AT Meet-Ups and Gatherings

Madison, WI late June/early July BCB invite!

Post your plans for AT pre/post show gatherings here.

Moderators: LizzyD, lookingout86, COKeekers

Madison, WI late June/early July BCB invite!

Postby kmlowery » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:31 pm

I can't help but notice that the band is all over Wisconsin between June 28th and July 3rd, 2013 with nothing publicly booked on July 1st or 2nd. I realize this is way unrealistic but let's just say that maybe the band would like to have a little down time in the area. And maybe they'd like to do it at a little private party in my backyard with some local AT'ers. Well, I just happen to live in Madison, WI and I'm a great cook and very social and what a great opportunity for the BCB to connect with some fans! I live in a quiet subdivision and across the street is a neighborhood tennis court that they built a small parking lot next to (tour bus parking).

Hey - it can't hurt to ask, right? I'll pull out my guitar, we'll all play/sing around the campfire, and any touring toddlers/kids can play on our swingset :D
Thoughts of you could give me smile lines.
kmlowery
Needs to see a few more shows!

Re: Madison, WI late June/early July BCB invite!

Postby trashinthesky » Mon May 13, 2013 4:51 pm

Well that would be awesome. I have tickets for all four WI shows.. driving from southern Wisconsin up to Green Bay, then across the state for AvettFest, then all the way up north to Bayfield... of course then Summerfest was announced last and that's the closest to where I actually live. Ha! Oh well, it's going to be such a blast.

Now to just convince them to let me and my dog ride along on the tour bus.. hehe. I don't even have a solid plan, I just got so excited there were so many Wisconsin dates that I bought tickets to all of them right away (without realizing that AvettFest fell on the same night as the She & Him show I already had tickets for in Chicago... BTW, does anyone want to buy a pair of She & Him tickets for Chicago? LOL!)

A secret Madison meetup would be phenomenal! It's interesting they're going to be in WI for so many shows. The one at the Riverside last fall was so much fun. I definitely stood outside in very freezing cold weather for a long time to meet Brandi and the band afterwards. They were all so down to earth and friendly. Perhaps if they don't read these forums I can mention your idea to them the 28th, and then the 29th, and then remind them again on the 30th.. although I may just end up with a restraining order.. it could be worth a try :)
trashinthesky

Postby mamahippy » Tue May 14, 2013 9:40 am

They toured Wisconsin like crazy in 2011 too - I asked Tim about it, and he said their mom was from Wisconsin and they have a lot of relatives there. They are fond of it! Seeing them at Avettfest and Bayfield (using our cottage near Hayward as a base). Maybe Summerfest too but I am having house concerts July 2 and 4 and it might be too much!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
-Leslie

Postby kmlowery » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:12 pm

Well, the big shocker is that the band did not come to my house despite my efforts :( I met them backstage at the Green Bay Show last week on 6/28/13 and mentioned my invite and Phil said that I'd have to cook for them if they came. I assured them I'd cook for their whole crew without hesitation. So, I'll keep trying everytime they tour Wisconsin. Where there's a will, there's a way!
Thoughts of you could give me smile lines.
kmlowery

Return to AT Meet-Ups and Gatherings