News, Announcements, and Forum Rules

Thank you from Ken Riggs and more

Any changes to the board or board rules will be noted here.

Moderator: bertgos

Thank you from Ken Riggs and more

Postby bertgos » Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:42 pm

Just posted some news on the main website front page.

Check it out! www.againtoday.com
In dog beers, I've only had one.
bertgos
Site Admin

Postby MaureenPalli » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:15 pm

The winner of the guitar auction is amazingly kind to donate it to the Wyrsch boys! I bet I can guess who it was... :wink:

I can't open the thank you note from the choir director. Is anyone else having trouble? My laptop is doing wacky things today.
~Maureen
MaureenPalli
Is getting the hang of it!

Postby bertgos » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:18 pm

Here's the text of the "thank you" note:

Thank you for the support you and the fans have given to our music program. I wanted to let you know how we spent the funds you so generously donated. We’ve used the money to purchase the backbone of a multi-track recording system. I thought this was an appropriate use of the funds, considering Brandi’s recording career.

In the past, we have had the necessary equipment to make a stereo recording, but have never had the capability for multi-track recording, which has so many more applications for both live performance, and “studio” recording.

We have purchased a MacBook Pro, and a Firepod recording interface. This will allow for recording on up to eight different channels at the same time. We can also go back and alter any of the channels individually, or add additional channels after the fact. Being able to mix and balance a performance recording afterwards is a great benefit.

Should additional donations come our way in the future, we could flesh out this system with some quality microphones and additional, more full-featured software. This will give us the ability to make truly professional digital recordings. The students learn so much from listening to their own performances, and now will also be able to learn more about the recording industry and what it takes to make a professional recording, as well as being able to take pride in creating a quality product.

Thanks again for choosing to support our music program. Your donations are greatly appreciated, and will serve the Tahoma music students well!

Sincerely,
Ken Riggs
Choir Director
Tahoma Junior and Senior High Schools
bertgos
Site Admin

Postby hollyinpa » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:19 pm

The file opens fine for me. It's a pdf file.

And you would probably NOT guess who donated that guitar...either way...the person who did bid on and win the guitar was beyond generous! The Wyrsch boys will have quite a keepsake that will remind them of their father's love of music!

I am proud to be a part of such a generous group of people here on this forum!
hollyinpa
Needs to get a new hobby!

Postby dtsHurricane » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:53 pm

That was really nice of Ken to write us a thank you and let us know what they used the money for. Sounds like an incredible set-up they have going there.

Whoever bought that guitar is extremely generous. It's inspiring to hear about people doing such great things.
-LisaW
dtsHurricane
Too much time on their hands!

Postby MaureenPalli » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:34 pm

hollyinpa wrote:And you would probably NOT guess who donated that guitar...either way...the person who did bid on and win the guitar was beyond generous!

Holly - I thought it was you and Bert! Whoever it was...Bless them!
~Maureen
MaureenPalli
Is getting the hang of it!

Postby mele » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:26 am

I am so touched by the generousity of the person who bought the guitar and donated it. It's kindness like this that make me have faith in the human race. Many thanks to whomever it was.
It's easy to sit there and say you'd like to have more money. And I guess that's what I like about it. It's easy. Just sitting there, rocking back and forth, wanting that money.
mele

Postby sayyes » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:24 am

Wow, what exciting news. The thank you note was really nice to read, and bless whoever gave the guitar away. What a great thing to do.
sayyes
Keeps coming back for more!

Postby Natalie H » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:26 pm

Very humbling. It is re-assuring to know that there are some very good people in this world.
Natalie H

Postby Mo » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:22 pm

mele wrote:I am so touched by the generousity of the person who bought the guitar and donated it. It's kindness like this that make me have faith in the human race. Many thanks to whomever it was.

Yes many thanks!
Mo
Has caught the bug!

Postby Mis » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:52 pm

I missed this before now, somehow - this is incredibly neato. Kudos to you, anonymous donator. :)
Mis

MORE UPDATES

Postby bertgos » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:31 pm

Yesterday, AgainToday.com received a thank-you note from Zoe Wrysch.

bertgos
Site Admin

Postby Natalie H » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:08 pm

That's totally lovely. :cry:
Natalie H

Postby dtsHurricane » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:35 pm

That was really sweet of her to send a thank you. I'm happy we were able to help her and her boys.
-LisaW
dtsHurricane

Postby Mis » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:36 pm

^ What she said. That's incredibly cool. :)
Mis

Postby turpentine » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:08 pm

Awesome. (I need to find some kleenex.....)
turpentine

Postby emily » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:47 pm

That's so amazing.
we either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. the amount of work is the same.
emily

Postby Enumclaw Girl » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:55 pm

I've known Zoe for a number of years, we met through a local natural parenting group when I was living out in Enumclaw.
We used the same midwife, saw eachother at the grocery ect ect.

I was so devestated to hear the news about her hubby. The road the accident happened on is so dangerous, not well lit, traveled heavy and the speed limit goes up and down from 35-55 several times in a small stretch.

Its very touching to hear what again today did for her and her sweet boys!

I am not at all suprised to see a hand written thank you note from her here, she is the kindest most gracious person.

The last time I saw her she was organizing a special service project for her MOPS group to make blankets for my Alzheimers patients. Her and her hubby both gave back to the community so much and its only fitting that Enumclaw would embrace her in such a time of tragedy and loss.
Enumclaw Girl
Needs to see a few more shows!

Postby hollyinpa » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:58 pm

Enumclaw Girl - The House Concert that Brandi and the boys did for some of us this past week was a result of us raising over $20,000 for the Wyrsch family in an auction that was hosted by AT.com at Brandi's request. It was pretty amazing! This is an Auction section that you can access from the main AT.com homepage if you haven't seen it already.

We were all so moved by the tragic loss of Shane and I am so glad we were able to help. Zoe sounds as if she's quite an amazing woman!
hollyinpa

Postby bertgos » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:19 pm

Got this from Zoe this morning..

Hello~

Again...Today...

I am hoping that you received my thank you card. I have been so "up and down" and on and off from the computer that I have not had much of a chance to cruz your website, lately. I just can't begin to know how to thank you and Brandi's generous fans.

I will forever keep the framed gifts up on my wall and OF COURSE the special guitar... and I'm so thankful for the very generous donations. Brandi is such a special friend and she meant so much to Shane.

I will be flying back to Wash. D.C. in a couple days to accept the award of
Federal Law Enforcement Officer of the Year on Shane's behalf. What a huge honor. Shane would be so overwhelmed.

I just can't say how much Brandi was a part of Shane's life and our marriage.

Love,
Zoë Wyrsch
bertgos
Site Admin

Postby turpentine » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:24 pm

Very nice. She sounds like a such a neat person - bless her.
turpentine

Postby mele » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:43 pm

bertgos wrote:
I will be flying back to Wash. D.C. in a couple days to accept the award of
Federal Law Enforcement Officer of the Year on Shane's behalf. What a huge honor. Shane would be so overwhelmed.

[/i]

Aw, that is so cool, an amazing honor. I hope there is something in the local papers about it. Have a safe trip, Zoe.
It's easy to sit there and say you'd like to have more money. And I guess that's what I like about it. It's easy. Just sitting there, rocking back and forth, wanting that money.
mele

Postby dtsHurricane » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:40 pm

What a great honor to recognize Shane as Federal Law Enforcement Officer of the Year.

It's really sweet of Zoe to show her appreciation again.
-LisaW
dtsHurricane

Postby NJRockgrrl » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:42 pm

that letter was VERY touching...
thanks for sharing!
NJRockgrrl
Has caught the bug!

Return to News, Announcements, and Forum Rules